Tips for Applicants
Getting hired at Padre Dam Municipal Water District starts with you! Visit our career opportunities page to see what positions are currently available. If you see a position that interests you, review the job description. Pay special attention to the Knowledge, Skills, Training and Experience section of the job description to see if you are qualified for the position. If what you see matches your experience and qualifications, then we encourage you to apply.
Make a Good First Impression
- Be thorough. Complete each field in the job application so we can get to know you.
- Don't leave us guessing. Type N/A in any sections that don't apply to you.
- Include all employment history from the last 20 years. Include military or volunteer service.
- List your most recent job first, and work backward from there.
- Allow yourself time. Provide relevant and meaningful responses to supplemental questions. These questions will give you a good idea of what we're looking for in a candidate, and they assist us in the screening process.
- Tell your story. Feel free to attach a resume, cover letter, copies of certifications or anything else you think might be important for us to know.
Things to Note
- We don't accept resumes in lieu of applications.
- Incomplete applications won't be considered.
- Log in to your account at the Government Jobs website to check the status of your application. Due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual status updates.
- Under Review - we're still looking at your application
- Under Secondary Review - your application was forwarded to the hiring manager for review.
- You Are Being Invited to a Written Test or You Are Being Invited to a Skills Test - you will receive an email and instructions on how to sign up for these job-related tests.
- You Are Being Invited to an Interview - you'll receive an email and instructions on how to sign up.
- If you aren't selected, we'll let you know via email as soon as possible.
- Don't get discouraged if you aren't selected. Most of the time it's because other applicants are more qualified for the position.
- If you're still interested in working here, visit our Career (insert hyperlink) page to sign up for email notifications.
Preparation for Your Interview
- Be on time and dress professionally.
- Make sure you know a little about Padre Dam and/or Santee Lakes.
- Be prepared for a panel interview consisting of 5 to 6 employees.
- Review the job description again. Talk about how your experience complements and relates to the job.
- Make connections for the panel. Don't assume that they will understand your specific experience or skills.
- Bring your most authentic self to the interview. Make eye contact, answer questions concisely and thoroughly.
- Bring your application to life. Share examples of your work that highlight relevant education, training and experience, as well as times when you faced challenges and overcame them.
- Be positive, optimistic and share your goals.
We wish you success in the application process! If you have additional questions, please email the Human resources Department.