All About Water

Potable Drinking Water
Padre Dam imports 100% of our potable water supply from the San Diego County Water Authority (SDCWA). SDCWA receives the majority of its supply from the Metropolitan Water District (MWD) of Southern California.

Recycled Water
Recycled water is an important part of San Diego County’s future water supply. Every drop of recycled water used for nonpotable uses saves drinking water resources. Padre Dam produces two million gallons of recycled water a day at our Water Recycling Facility. Our recycled water provides irrigation water throughout Santee and provides the water that fills Santee lakes.

Wastewater
Padre Dam collects wastewater (sewer) for our Western Service Area (Santee and parts of El Cajon and Lakeside). We treat approximately 40% of our wastewater at our Water Recycling Facility. The remaining 60% is sent to the City of San Diego’s Metropolitan Wastewater Treatment Facility.

The Value of Water
Over the summer 2012 Allen Carlisle, Padre Dam's CEO/General Manager, met with various community groups, agencies and organizations throughout the district to discuss the challenges related to our region's water supply. As a result, we've complied the information and data into a booklet called "The Value of Water". Now we invite you to take a closer look at the status of our most precious resource, water.
Click here to read about the cost drivers associated with our water supply and the challenges we face ahead.